Just to keep ye all up to date with upcoming events.
1. Christmas night out for all adult members and parents/guardians of junior/cub members Saturday 8th December in Corcoran’s, The Irishtown, New Ross from 8pm.
2. There will be an awards night in the hall on Tuesday 18th December. These will comprise of three awards for Dunbrody club members – adult, junior and cub clubpersons … of the year. The criteria for these awards are attendance, dedication, enthusiasm, helpfulness and overall general good attitude to archery and the people who participate in our sport. Please send in your vote for each category to Clodagh by Sunday 16th December. The persons with the most votes obviously win – in the event of a tie the committee will decide the winner.
3. The club will be back in action after the Christmas Holidays on Tuesday 8th January.
4. Dunbrody Archers Agm 2013 will be held in Corcoran’s New Ross at 8pm on Thursday 17th January. If anyone would like to be part of the new committee or wish to propose someone could you please let Clodagh know by Tuesday 15th January. If you have any proposals, suggestions or ideas you would like to put to the AGM please let me know by the 15th January.
5. International Mail Match: For anyone who may be interested in taking part if you have not already done so please let me know as soon as you can. The closing date for payment is strictly the 8th of January. No entries will be taken after this date. Due to the huge interest in this indoor competition we will have to run two nights for each round. The dates for each round are as follows: Round 1 January 22nd & January 29th Round 2 February 19th & February 26th, Round 3 March 19th & March 26th
Each participant will be allocated a night to be sure we have enough room for everyone to shoot. If you can not participate on any of these dates please let me know asap. Each member will be given their dates as soon as I have final numbers.
6. The minutes of the Committee meeting held on Thursday last are all of the above. Very glad to say nothing else to report !
Clodagh Nolan (Club Secretary)
The 2nd IFAF training course (level 1) took place at end of November. Dunbrody Archer Andrew Wayland took part in this, the 2nd weekend, held at Loughcrew’s hall. Eric Kelly (IAC) was course tutor.
Earlier in November in Ballykelly hall, Dunbrody Archers Mark Daly, Martin Moylan, Alex Furlong, Stephen Clarke, Danny Cummins, (& Dunbrody founder member Don Bradley) had completed the level 1 course amongst other participants.
All are eagerly awaiting their course results, due soon.